Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Funke Akindele's Wedding: Much Ado About Her Happiness

That popular actress, Funke Akindele is married is no longer news. It is also not surprising that her wedding attracted all the media frenzy it could. However, the manner with which people condemned her choice of husband was - and is still- shocking to me. Many people were of the opinion that she could have settled down with a better man, and I kept asking them to define ' a better man'. So far, I am yet to get a satisfactory answer. 
In the first place, none of us is Funke Akindele - so we are not in the best position to fully understand her happiness and challenges. We don't even have the right to define what is perfect for her, because everybody has the right to define 'perfection' anyway they want.
If the fans really care about her happiness, then they should pray for her to experience marital bliss. Afterall, we have seen perfect couples break up, and the ones that seem not to know what they wanted have lived on happily ever after as husband and wife.
I sincerely believe that the criticisms that greeted her marriage will make the couple work hard to shame the critics. But whatever happens, what Jenifa needs at this point is a show of love and lots of support. I am truly happy for her, and wish Mr. and Mrs. Almaroof a happy married life.






1 comment:

  1. Hі there! Ι κnow this is kinda οff topic hoωever І'd figured I'd asκ.
    Wоuld you be interesteԁ in exchanging links οr mауbe
    guest authoгіng a blog aгtiсle oг vіce-versa?
    My websitе coѵers a lot of the sаme subjects аs yours and I feel we could greatly
    benefit from еach other. If you might be interestеd feel free to send me an e-mail.

    I look forward to heаring frоm yοu! Teгrific blog by the way!


    Feel fгee to vіsit my page http://www.prweb.com

    ReplyDelete