Thursday, August 19, 2010

Before You Give Up......

In the last few days, I’ve been too excited to blog. Nothing is more satisfying than finding hope when it seems there’s none. My brother-in-law graduated with a 2-1 from Unilag, and his hopes were high. He was invited for various tests and, expectedly, did well. We all hoped that it was only a matter of time before he got a job. However, the ‘matter of time’ became frustrating as nothing seemed to be happening. The young man tried so hard to hide his frustration from everybody, and consoled himself with the fact that he had a 5-year-old relationship going- until the lady called off the relationship.


She came back home after her one-year NYSC programme and called it quits with the poor boy. He was very devastated and almost attempted suicide. When he told me what happened, I encouraged him to move on, and practically turned myself to a clown in order to make sure that he had no dull moment. My wife was also very supportive, and with God on our side, he discarded the idea and tore the suicide note he had written.

Two weeks ago, he received a call from a major telecoms firm. Before he knew it, he had completed a 2-month selection process in 4 days. He received his letter of employment on Monday, and it’s been celebration galore in my house.

When he thanked me for my efforts, I thanked God, and thanked him as well. He respected me by telling me what he was going through, and believed me when I said everything would be alright. Most importantly, he re-affirmed my belief in hope- no hope is ever lost, but we tend to give up when our success is around the corner.

Congrats, bro. By the way, I have a list of items that I need from you. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment