Sunday, July 15, 2012

J.Lo Quits American Idol

First it was Steve Tyler, now it's J.Lo. Is there something the public needs to know?


Jennifer Lopez is the second judge in two days to say she's leaving American IdolHer representative, Mark Young, said on Friday that Lopez is ending her time on television's most popular show after two years. Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler said the same thing on Thursday. Lopez broke the news to Idol host Ryan Seacrest on his radio show.

"I really was dreading this phone call with you," she told him. "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do that I've put kind of on hold because I love Idol so much."
That means the show's judging panel is down to one, Randy Jackson, and there are reports that he may take a different role on the program moving forward. It's an adolescent identity crisis for American Idol, which has been TV's most popular program for nearly a decade. Ratings for the Fox show have declined as TV's talent show field gets more competitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment