Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Our Anniversary!


On Saturday, July 14, 2007, after seven years of courtship, I said ‘I do’ to the love of my life in the ancient city of Ibadan. Since then, it’s been a series of overlapping happiness, unprecedented promotion, and God’s favour in abundance.

As we mark 3 years of marital happiness, we thank you all for your invaluable support, and pray that your happiness shall never be diminished. To my colleagues, I purposely applied for leave for this occasion, and hope to be away for the rest of the week. *wink*



Testimony

As part of our anniversary celebration, we visited a relative whose testimony is too shocking for her to believe. I’ll summarize what her testimony is about, and I’m sure you’ll all agree with me that as long as there’s life, there’s always hope.

-she had only one child whose genotype was SS.

-she had a surgical operation at the UCH for fibroid, and her womb was removed in order to successfully carry out the surgery.

-She’s in her late forties.

-Last year, her only child died.

-All hopes of having another child were lost, as her womb has already been removed.

-But on July 7, 2010- exactly a year after her child’s death- she was delivered of another baby!

The baby was named today, and we just had to attend the ceremony. My wife cried her eyes out when we paid the family a condolence visit last year, and it was important that she shed tears of joy this time around. Nothing is beyond God as long as we believe in Him and play our part. If the couple hadn’t made love, this testimony wouldn’t have happened.



I’m impressed, OJB!

OJB Jezreel, one of Nigeria’s most prolific music producers, impressed me in an interview he granted in a television programme recently. When asked about his age, he felt comfortable as he told the viewers his real age- 44 years! According to him, “Age is something you can never hide. Sooner or later, it catches up with you, and gives you away”.

Well said, sir, and I hope Kanu Nwankwo and the entire Chicken Eagles have realized this already!

And for the record, Jigga, as he's fondly called, has no issues with Don Jazzy. It’s just the usual sensationalism our journalists are fond of.

No comments:

Post a Comment