Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tinubu Endorses Fashola for 2nd Term- The Punch

After months of speculation from various quarters about the fate of Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), in the coming 2011 elections, his predecessor in office and party leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, finally gave him the go-ahead to run for another four years in office in the 2011 poll.

Tinubu, while endorsing Fashola for a second term in office, raised the governor’s hands, saying, “By the power reposed on me by the ACN and in consultation with all party leaders, I announce the endorsement of Babatunde Fashola for re-election as governor in the forthcoming election. I have endorsed him for second term. He has done us proud, he has set standard of governance for others to emulate.”

Tinubu made the declaration at the Action Congress of Nigeria National Executive Council meeting held at the party’s secretariat in Lagos.

“He is my son. Those that were peddling the rumour are those that did not know how I knew him or what endeared him to me.
“They are the agents of destruction, political rodents, enemies and scavengers in the corridors of power that want to continue to loot state funds without working to deliver dividends of democracy.
“They said I was jealous of his achievements and said all sort of things. If you have a son that has surpassed your records you celebrate him. I am the pathfinder, he is the navigator. I am the one that identified the talent.”- Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

No comments:

Post a Comment