Monday, January 3, 2011

My 2011 Expectations

Without doubt, the year 2011 is another critical year in Nigeria’s political history. This is the year of the elections, and although it is widely believed that politics is a dirty game, Nigerian politicians are really living up to that belief. So, for my beloved country Nigeria, my expectations are not so exciting, but I expect the economy to become more stable. A delay in the approval of the 2011 budget, and its 0% implementation shouldn’t be ruled out. I don’t expect any improvement in the attitude of our law enforcement agents, especially the Nigerian Police. I am sure there will be more plea bargaining deals for the big thieves while the petty thieves will be sentenced to many years in jail.

I expect the PHCN to come up with big stories but no action, while the power generator dealers continue smiling to the bank. On a positive note, I see the youths taking giant strides in their individual endeavours- as long as those endeavours are honest. Sadly, I also see a significant increase in the population of ‘yahoo yahoo’ boys and ‘aristos’- and this is due to the fact that our politicians will continue to be morally bankrupt.

On a personal level, 2011 will certainly be a year of unprecedented achievements. I see JOGSOBA 95 becoming stronger, more efficient and more functional. More importantly, the members shall record major success in their endeavours this year. I see my friends achieving their dreams, and that’s simply because they are working so hard to actualize their dreams. I also expect to meet some of my facebook friends via Creamy Delight Cakes patronage or social gatherings.

For my family, it’s nothing but joy all the way. I expect a new addition to the family (amen), a major business boost for Creamy Delight Cakes, and on-the-job performances that can never be ignored. My family shall establish a closer relationship with God, and enhance our relationship with men. I also expect at least one old property to be replaced with a new one, and the acquisition of a never-had-before property.

Finally, I do not expect to delete any of the contacts on my phone as a result of death. This is the abridged version of my 2011 expectations. Welcome to 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment