Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dele Momodu Quits Labour Party


Presidential aspirant Bashorun Dele Momodu yesterday resigned his membership of the Labour Party (LP).

Momodu, in a letter to the party’s National Chair Dan Nwanyanwu, said he was uncomfortable with developments within the party.

He said: “I write to notify your good self and office of my resignation from the membership of The Labour Party (LP). You will recall that on 20th November, 2010 I wrote to you drawing your attention to my observations about indications that The Labour Party (LP) had no plans to field a presidential candidate for the 2011 presidential election.

“Since the Labour Party (LP) has decided, in the wisdom of its leadership, to remain in the stagnant waters of primitive party politics, I have resolved to move on by resigning my membership of the party with immediate effect. I consider all the resources and efforts both financial and material that I contributed to the development of the party during the period of my membership as a sacrifice towards strengthening the democratic process in my fatherland.

“It is my hope that sometime in the near future, a new set of credible leaders will emerge within the rank and file of the Labour Party (LP) to help restore the party to its rightful place within the polity. I wish you and your executive team all the best for the future.”

No comments:

Post a Comment