Monday, May 10, 2010

Where is the Love?

Welcome to my blog, people! I love writing,but had to stop to focus on some other things in life. Maybe if I hadn't abadoned that artistic part of me,I would have published the two finished but unedited books lying somewhere in the house right now. The first one was written 12 years ago! Anyway, it's not too late to do that, so I'm giving it a serious thought again.
I'm yet to decide on what format this blog will take. I need help from you all,and would be glad if you can share knowledge with me. I'm exploring daily diary, public commentaries, jokes and entertainment. Basically, I want to gist in an entertaining manner. Please help me out ooooo! For now,let me start on a reflective note.
On Saturday, I had a serious accident on my way to a client's place. It was an accident that could have been avoided if the truck driver had tied his goods properly, but his carelessness made another driver who, in an attempt to avoid the sudden obstruction,ran into me and condemned the car's bonnet, bumper, fenders, headlamps, and cooling unit. Thankfully, the engine was spared. The truck driver escaped, the driver of the second car became unconscious,and I had to drive my car to my panel beater's place in shock.
But that's not the gist. The gist is that when I got to my panel beater's place,one of the elders in my church saw me and the damaged car but chose to greet me casually. If he saw the car at all- and I'm double sure he did- he didn't betray his emotion. I didn't feel bad, but was disappointed. If a mai-guard who knew nothing about me could empathise with me, what stopped a respectable elder and preacher in my church from doing same? Maybe it's because I don't attend church regularly due to the nature of my job. Maybe it's because I'm not the 'notice me' type during church programmes. Maybe it's because of any other church-related issue that I'm not aware of. But whatever it may be, was that enough excuse for a church member to have treated me with such dislike? Isn't Christianity the epitome of love and fellowship? What is the essence of fellowship where no genuine love exists? When my wife was knocked down by a car and a pulpit-mounting church member who was driving by pretended not to see her,I dismissed it with a wave of hand. But after what happened yesterday, I understand why my friend 'travels' for church programmes when a parish of the same church is just a stone throw from his house- sometimes,genuine love isn't as close as we think.
I'm towing my friend's line as well- I need a new church.

I hope I made sense. Welcome to my world.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Keem. keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Members of our current Churches? Forget them!! I also asked the same question when a senior colleague of mine who is a HOD of Usher's department in the Parish close to me asked a fellow colleague out of his car simply because I was 1 minute late to the junction we usually wait to join him to work. It made me ask, Is this d Love we are suppose to share in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete