Friday, May 21, 2010

Entertainment Snippets

Thank you......

Four days of malaria attack no be beans, but I'm most grateful for your show of love. Thank you all for your phone calls, text messages, and Facebook wishes. I even struggled to attend a training on Wednesday, but couldn't eat the snacks and food on offer. Chei, this has never happened to me before! However, in a most amusing manner, I exhibited the 'Ijebuism' in me- I move my food and snacks go house! Lol. I'm back on my feet again, people- and it's all thanks to God and you.

I'm sticking to my friend's advice: I'll do everything I can to inject my personal experience- and my friends'- into making my blog distinct from others. So, I'm doing my entertainment gist in the same manner. Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Album Review: The 'W' Experience

Personally, I believe Banky W has registered his ingenuity in the Nigerian music industry with his album, The 'W' Experience. It's a 15-track album, and every song is worth listening to- except for the first track that sounds 'one kin' to my ears. I hate simulation *wink*. My favourite tracks are: Strong Ting, Omoge You Too Much, Lagos Party, Thief my Kele, Feeling You, and Why. Considering the fact that I didn't expect much from him after the Ebute Metta song, I must admit that his subsequent songs have blown me away. It's so nice to listen to an album that's devoid of words like 'ginger', 'swagger', and reckless flouting of alcoholic brands. Indeed, Bankole Wellington has proved to be a true Mr. Capable. For me, The W Experience gets an 8. My favourite line in the entire album is ".......... Late night Blackberry Bolding, let me be loved, I'm the one you should be holding.....". Don't have any particular reason, but I think it hits at the BB addiction in Naija these days. Lol.

Album Review: Tradition

9ice will never cease to impress me. When he released his album last year, many of his fans wrote it off because it didn't gain instant popularity like his Gongo Aso album, but I'm sure they've all had a rethink. For some reasons, I didn't buy the Gongo Aso album because I didn't like it so much, but Tradition certainly rocks for me. It's more matured-even though the album contains a couple of lewd tracks-, better arranged, and his blend of pidgin English and 'concentrated' Yoruba language is a joy to listen to. My favourite tracks are: Anytime, Once Bitten, Alapomeji Anthem, Petepete, No be Mistake, Gbamugbamu, Energy, I Don't Care, and Fast Foward. My favourite line is "..... O ni ki nbi won, se won le kiri iyo ninu ojo? O ni ki nbi won, se won le kiri ori ninu orun? Baba ti se asepe, Adigun jeun lo......". Literarily, this means "God told me to ask my enemies if it's possible to hawk salt in the rain, or hawk wax in the sun. God has done a perfect job, Adigun has succeeded". For me, Tradition gets an 8.5. It's an album that certainly grows on you.

Top 5 Music Videos:

In no particular order, my top 5 music videos for the week are:

2010 - Sound Sultan

No be Mistake - 9ice

Fall in Love -Dbanj

Ogbeni - Physayo

E no Easy - P Square

What are your top five Naija videos of the week?

Trivia: I think the Nigerian music industry is very much like the Nollywood, where movies are released in sequels. Nigerian artistes now release audio CDs as the 'Part 1' of their music package, and make us wait for over a year for the 'Part 2'- musical video. Naija, I hail. Lol.

My Shocker of the Week: Creamy Delight lost a wedding cake contract because 'the price it quoted was cheap'. Guess how much is 'cheap': 90k! Dear customers, please expect an upward price review soon. Lol.


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment