At least one million suspects are to be prosecuted over offences arising from the 2011 voter registration and general elections, the Chairman, INEC Board of Electoral Institute, Prof. Lai Olurode, has said.
Olurode, who is also National Commissioner of INEC in charge of Training and Research, told the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Abuja that the prosecution had been ‘a big problem’ because of paucity of funds and manpower.
He said the Independent National Electoral Commission was collaborating with the Nigerian Bar Association to facilitate the prosecution at minimal costs, adding that Bauchi, Zamfara, Gombe and Bayelsa were among states with the highest number of suspects.
“In actual fact, some of those apprehended have been prosecuted and convicted but the number was just too small compared to those remaining,” he stated.
- Sunday Punch
One million suspects? Ogbele ooooooo!!!!!! Lolz.