Friday, November 12, 2010

English Premiership Football Quotes

"I'm manager of Blackpool and I manage the players how I want. If some bright spark from the Premier League wants to tell me who I can pick then come and have a cup of coffee and you'll probably get it chucked in your lap."

- Ian Holloway (Blackpool) on why he made 10 changes to his team against Aston Villa. Blackpool lost the match 3-2.



"Well they’ve had it so good over the years you see; they’ve had it so good here. They’ve been winning every week, kept winning league championships every year, so you get upset when you don’t win – it’s hard [on them]."

- Harry Redknapp (Tottenham Hotspur) on the fans’ boo during the club’s match with Sunderland. The match ended 1-1.


"I fully accept that I was in the wrong on this occasion and accept the charge that the FA have brought against me. I would like to apologise to Chris Hughton, my team-mates, our supporters and of course to Morten Gamst Pedersen and Blackburn Rovers."

-Newcastle’s Joey Barton apologizes for his unruly behaviour towards Blackburn’s Morten Gamst Pedersen.


"I still have a lot of respect for Liverpool and Liverpool Football Club, so I don't really want to talk about them. But sometimes when someone says something I have to respond with what is in this case what I know.

"But again I would prefer not to say anything because I wish them all the best, I wish [they] stay in a really good position and do really well because for me it is what I feel too."

- Rafael Benitez.



No comments:

Post a Comment