Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Grandma’s Death: My Thoughts

I wanted to do something about customer service and first impression, but the news of my grandma's death really unsettled me. I have suspended that topic till after her burial. Rest in peace, Elegusi.

While I mourn my grandma's death, I can't help thinking about the mystery of life and death. We do not have control over death, but God has given us the grace to live, and give life a meaning. My grandma was poor, but she struggled to train her children. Before her death, her children ensured that she had access to every good thing life had to offer. What she couldn't afford in her youth, she had in excess in her old age. Her mates thought she was foolish back then, but she proved to be wiser than all of them. She's dead now, but will forever live on. When you live for a legacy, your legacy will most certainly outlive you.

This is the sort of end I wish for- my end shall be much sweeter than my beginning; and my legacy shall outlive me. What kind of end do you wish for yourself? What kind of end are you working towards? Think about these, my friends, for death is a debt we must all pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment