Friday, June 11, 2010

The World Cup is Here!

Phew!!!!! I've not blogged for a while now- no thanks to my busy schedule. I thought I could combine the job pressure and blogging but it was so hard that I had to painfully push blogging aside. I'm back, and it feels so good.
I'm sure the World Cup fever is on, and so certain that the first, and perhaps the only World Cup Africa will host in this millennium, will live up to its billing. I learnt a few things from the opening ceremony and wish to share them with you:
The performances at the opening ceremony were wonderful, and a lesson for our Nigerian artistes. Stage craft is an important part of your business, please learn it. Please do away with the 'DJ, track 2' thing because it's annoying to watch you lip-synch songs exactly as recorded in your CD.
President Jacob Zuma's welcome speech was short, simple and ORAL. I hope our government officials have learnt that a speech does not necessarily have to remind us of the NTA Network News!!!
Nelson Mandela couldn't attend the opening ceremony because he lost his great-granddaughter. The South African national tv did not replace the live coverage of the opening ceremony with the condolence visits to the Mandelas' place. We need to be less sycophantic in this country!
Ok, enough observation for the day. If Nigeria doesn't win the World Cup, which other country do you think stands a chance????
Ciao people!

No comments:

Post a Comment